As of last night, Christina's condition has declined somewhat. They're continuing dialysis, and have started back on the radiation treatments. But her bilirubin levels have increased and she is very jaundice. At this point the doctors are not sure why.
We have a Nurse Navigator that is arranging a family meeting sometime today, where we will sit down with all of the specialists (Kidney Dr, Liver Dr, Oncologist, maybe others), to review all of her symptoms, get questions answered, and talk about what we have to do next.
Some of Christina's friends from out of town called to say they are flying in today, so she will have a few visitors for the next few days. I think that it might be best to have others hold off for now. It is hard to judge when she wants visitors, and when she doesn't, but for now I think that would be best.
I will try to provide an update as soon as I can after the family meeting.
Thanks,
Ken
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Ken,
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking the time to keep us all informed on Christina's progress. My son had Lymphoma (Non-Hodgkin's) & has been cancer-free for almost 13 years now. Lymphoma's do have a high cure rate, thank God. Hang in there & know that we're praying for all of you.
Brenda Breeden & family
Hello Ken
ReplyDeleteDenise has told me about this blog some time ago but failed to tell me the address - Excuse the delay.
There is so much to say and ask about Christina's condition. I have just read the past posts for the first time and am completely updated on her progress. This blog progress is a great idea and very helpful.
Denise has just arrived there in WA. along with Zuri; she arrives a week earlier due to Christina's condition - All thanks to Steven.
Nia and I will arrive next weekend as scheduled.
My mother sends her love and prayers for Christina to pull through. I cannot imagine Christina without a smile on her face and always full of laughter. I find it very difficult to think of her in such a state and what she is going through right now.
Nothing like this should happen to such a wonderful, jovial person.
I'm sure you and Jarrett are going through some challenging circumstances. Please hold on, have strength and collect all the positive energy to pass on to Christina so she may pull through for a better tomorrow.
I will see you all next week.
With Love,
Clinton
Kenner........
ReplyDeleteWe are all sending our love and positive thoughts to all the Bouvier's and Lalande's. Though I am not there, I hope that Christina can feel my love and know that I am with her every day. She is in my heart and my heart aches for all that she is having to endure and for what you and Jarrett are going through as well.
I love you guys and miss you.
So many old friends from Pacifica are praying for her...........all those prayers are being lifted up to God's ears and I know he'll take care of her and you and J.
Be strong and know how much you are all loved.
Rose
Christina,
ReplyDeletewe miss you and your energy in school. All of our positive thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hope to see you soon.
Still sending you all my love and strength!
ReplyDelete-Brenda Cash
We are praying for you all. Christina hasn't been far from my mind since hearing of her illness. Thank you so much for the updates. They help us know how best to pray.
ReplyDeleteVal Harris
Christina,
ReplyDeleteThinking of you every day and sending prayers to you and your boys.
Tonya and DJ Kezele