Not much new on Christina at this point, other than she has moved from Critical Care to Progressive Care, which is good. She is still having dialysis and they have not scheduled chemo or further radiation treatments yet. They've got to confirm that the dialysis is working as expected, and that she's stabilized. Her legs are also still very swollen, and she still has some trouble talking, due to some mouth sores and dry mouth. That has definitely gotten better though.
The last two days she was in good spirits. Sunday she had a several visitors, and Sunday night, Christina, Jarrett and I were having a lot of laughs. Christina was cracking Jarrett up. It was great to see. Yesterday she was also doing well, but I couldn't get down there until the evening, and I think she was actually a bit lonely. So, I think she's up for visitors more now, especially during the day, because I've had to work.
I have to go out of town Wed afternoon until Thurs evening, so if a few people could visit during those times, that would be great. Jarrett will be staying with Connor, and Christina's mom Mary will be around, so I think all of the logistics are taken care of. It's just the visits that we'll need help with these days, now that she seems more up for visitors. Please be aware that she does still get tired, so you have to guage how she's doing, as to how long it's best to stay.
Speaking of logistics, bringing meals has gotten so popular that I've had to outsource the scheduling of that. There's a sort of consortium that has formed to take this on, but it will be headed by Tina White, bless her soul. The Meal Schedule link on this page will still be used, but you'll see that Tina has some coordination instructions now. Tina's contact info is (also on Meal page):
Tina White
tinawhite86@gmail.com
425-793-6433
Thanks,
Ken
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Ken, it's Brenda, Anne O'Don's sis. Just wanted you and Christina to know that I'm thinkin' of you and sending you ALL my love and ALL my hugs and ALL my kisses. Thank you SO much for this blog. Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteHey Ken,
ReplyDeleteI just talked to Anne and she gave me the update. I told her to let you know that I can fly over this weekend and stay for a week, until Christina's sister gets there. Pete and the boys are going skiing in California and I was staying behind to attend a conference at school. But it would be no problem to miss the conference. i'd love to help you out. Let me know.
Vickie
Ken,
ReplyDeleteHang in there. There are a lot of ups and downs in this battle. After the kidneys settle down and Christina gets a couple chemo sessions under her belt, she will feel a lot better. I had many of the same medications and side effects. I also had radiation only for a month until I was able to start the chemo.
Take care,
Pete (mauibraces@aol.com)
Our thoughts and prayers are with Christina and you and Jarrett. Big hugs all around! Thank you for taking the time out to keep us informed.
ReplyDeleteHi Christina, I just wanted to let you know we're all thinking of you...positive thoughts are on your side.
ReplyDeleteSunil, Shilpa, Vini, Dave, Anil, VJ, and Jaya.
Thanks for all the updates (I do not know when you have time to write them). I will try to reach Chris by cell since I have not spoken to her directly in a while. I hope she has the "Pirate Family" picture by her bed, as I am sure it will give her strength. She better get out of the hospital next week. I am not flying way out there to see my girl in a lousy old hospital. Make sure she wears the braclet I sent her.
ReplyDeleteDenise
De